Bay Area PLAN’s Restabilization Fund
Our vital effort to continue supporting and mobilizing Bay Area Parent Leaders
For 15 years, Bay Area Parent Leadership Action Network (PLAN) has been at the forefront of organizing educational change in Bay Area public schools. We are committed to developing the leadership and building the power of parents to transform schools, because we believe that students succeed when parents feel heard, respected, and lead educational change.
As with many community-serving organizations, PLAN has been significantly impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic. Covering the costs of our East Oakland Leadership Center and staff has been an uphill battle as funding for Black-led organizing is rarely prioritized. Still, despite our limited means PLAN recently launched our Thriving Families Fund which provides up to $500 to Bay Area families in need.
Now we are in need of the help of our community. We face a very serious financial crisis, and without your support, PLAN will no longer be able to keep its doors open. Our goal is to raise $15,000 in the month of June to help stabilize and sustain our organization so that we can continue organizing and building the power of Bay Area parent leaders!
We ask you to GIVE as we aim to raise $15,000 in honor of the 15 years that we have been in existence and serving our community. Give in support of the leadership of Black and Brown parents, who advocate tirelessly for our children and youth every single day.
How will my support help PLAN?
- Every dollar you give (whether $5 or $500) will help to keep PLAN’s doors open
- Your donation will also help to cover the salaries of PLAN’s staff, ALL women of color
- With your support, we can continue being a base of support for over 1,000 parent leaders across Alameda, Contra Costa and Santa Clara counties to come together and organize
- Specifically, your donation will help us continue our Parent Organizing Fellowship (which offers training, coaching, and support to parent leaders) and our Black Family Engagement Fellowship (aimed at supporting the achievement of Black public school students)
How can I help?
- Give whatever it is you can afford. We are calling for 100 parent leaders to give $50 dollars. That would help us to raise $5,000 immediately.
- Share and promote this campaign on social media!
- Email this campaign your friends and folks who care about quality public education for Black and Brown youth!
- Connect us with greater resources!