We want you to join our board
Bay Area PLAN is looking for passionate and committed community members ready to create the supports parent-led systems change across the Bay Area.
We are looking to fill 4 seats on our Board of Directors with community members who believe in the power of parents to lead transformative change in our education system. Our Board of Directors are one part of our leadership of our organization, partnering with our Executive Director, staff and parent leaders to implement our mission, Strategic Plan and continously improve our organization.
(Ready to Join? Click Here to access board application)
Our Expectations are Simple
- Partner with ED, Staff and Parent Leaders to implement Strategic Plan and continously improve our organization
- Commit to increase visibility of our work
- Attend Quarterly Board Meetings
- Make a Personal Gift
- Support with Fundraising to achieve financial stability goals
Read our PLAN Board Key Roles and Responsibilities Agreement here
Recruitment and Onboarding Process
To join our board, there are several steps to complete:
- Please complete and submit your board application by May 24 by 5pm. You can find applications here
- Our current Board Members will review and select the best candidates to interview late April to early May.
- Final acceptance of four- six board members will occur by mid-May 2021.
- New Board Members undergo an orientation in late-May, early-June 2021.
- First Board Meeting: June 28, 2021 5:30-7:30
Proposed Fy 2021-2022 Schedule
Contingent on Board approval, the following is the board schedule for meetings virutally via Zoom or in-person as local conditions permit 5:30-7:30pm:
July 26, 2021
October 25, 2021
January 29, 2021
April 25, 2021
June 27, 2021
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org